Monday 14 May 2018

OUG603 - Module Evaluation

OUGD603 Evaluation

Completing briefs before the Christmas break put me in a really good position for the rest of the year. I put this down to good project management and time tabling which allowed me to manage my time effectively between numerous modules and projects. I had to adapt my briefs and time plan because I was on placement for a long time. This meant that I had to sacrifice some personal briefs in order to make sure I completed the tasks for Oslo Agency to a high standard. I intend to pursue these briefs after the course.

Working on live briefs throughout the year forced me to imbed professional awareness into my outcomes and concepts. I succeeded this through creating the lunar calendar as the outcome was prepared and sold to the public through my own personal website as well as Intern. Other live briefs such as Future Humans and Ideal Physic were great to work on and provided valuable experience for preparing a brand and identity document within the industry. Synthesising my practice by taking influences from my COP3 module which gave me knowledge of publishing and artists books. This influenced my briefs to pursue editorial and book design. I don’t think the final outcomes for my large briefs such as the agricultural research brief reflects the amount of time, effort and planning that I did throughout the entire year. However to overcome this the best thing is to just do it. To reflect on this, I was surprised that I actually enjoyed the short briefs as I was more focused and objective with my design decisions and production.

During the module I was able to identify areas of design that I feel passionate about moving forward to graduation. Working manually with traditional printing processes is something that I aim to pursue in the future and I have identified a variety of studios around the UK. Enjoyed print orientated briefs - more sense of achievement and you can physically hold it and I think that is reflected throughout the entire module. Within my initial statement I intended to complete digital briefs to increase my confidence in design for screen. I have successfully collaborated with a digital designer which was really beneficial for building a well rounded knowledge of digital and print creative processes.

I realised that my passion within design is for print media, however I am glad I completed the digital orientated briefs for the sake of my portfolio. This has by far been my favourite module of the course as I had complete control of the direction of the briefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment