Sunday 13 May 2018

OUGD603 - Calendar - Production - Screen Print

Screen must be a decent size larger than the paper
Trained on how to use the arm - This will allow me to print independently on a large scale

Exposing Process


Exposed my screen for 12 minutes using the LED exposure unit however as I was washing away the excess emulsion parts of my design were also being washed away. To overcome this, I let the screen dry and carefully painted emulsion back into the areas that were missing. In order to set the design, I put the screen back into the exposure unit to allow the emulsion to set.

Printing

Due to the size of the screen I had to use the arm to make sure I had an even coverage of ink for each pull:




STOCK:

Visited Fred Aldous to look at the G.F Smith paper and bought a selection of off-whites and greys:

Colorplan 135gsm Vellum White
Colorplan 135gsm Cool Grey
Colorplan 135gsm Pale Grey
Colorplan 135gsm Real Grey
Colorplan 135gsm Dark Night

Using off-white stock was inspired by the Letraset Catalogue as the type doesn't create a lot of contrast ultimately making it easier to digest. This will be important as the composition is very busy.







Based on my feedback, it seems that using black stock with metallic/white ink would be desirable and communicate the moon nicely, therefore I intend to return to look at darker stock samples.










No comments:

Post a Comment