Monday 14 May 2018

OUGD603 - Farm - Wallpaper

In order to replicate the organic textures through print, I experimented with callograph printing.

My inspiration to persue wallpaper prints was when I cut myself running past a textured wall. The abrasive finish and random placement

Callograph

A collograph refers to a collage of materials glued on to a printing plate.

it can be shellaced or varnished
it can be painted with acrylics.

Paper is then pressed on to the surface to produce a relief print.

 







Overlaying prints






Exploring tone - Inked up the plate and printed it three times. The gradation of tone is from repeating the print without adding more ink. 


Created a collage which allowed me further experiment with layering the textures:


Autonomous callograph created using 5x10cm sections of a variety of wallpaper stocks:

I used geometric shapes to create the compositions which I can used to resemble letterforms or architecture. 



Printed strips of wallpaper 

These were intended to replicate the texture of the fields and tramlines running through them. I can experiment with order and repetition.


Structural composition:



These organic textures, particularly the 'snow' textures can be transferred onto farming tools and machinery to create a visual language within agriculture.
- Silage plastic wrapping

Sample Book:

Bought some GF Smith stock to test print. This will be used as a reference book 



Tramlines

Left page - Wallpaper print inspired by tramlines. I used black, dark green and white ink to replicate numerous field treatment machinery.

















No comments:

Post a Comment