Monday 14 May 2018

OUGD603 - Farm - Photography

Visited numerous farms to take photographs of. These photographs can be used as drawing reference and documenting my discoveries.



35mm:

The advantages of film photography is the unique quality. It manages to capture natural light and provides greater control using the light meter. I shot a variety both colour and black and white film and found black and white captures tones and textures which is ideal to represent the grit of agriculture. Shooting in black and white also provides opportunity to manually print and manipulate the photos in the dark room.

Focused my interes on:
  • Architecture - grain stores, dryers
  • Machinery - Harvester, sprayer
  • Typography - Machinery brands - high impact
  • Countryside - Sculpting the land - Plough, soil, hay bales 
  • Documented farm visits such as the house, porch, sheds and milking parlour. 

Variety of prints:






Digital:

The advantages of shooting digital allowed me to review shots and adjust my position/settings accordingly.





















This experience has lead me to explore and observe both arable and livestock farming.










No comments:

Post a Comment